Corner House Nursery Spylaw has been in operation for 11 years and continues to provide exceptional childcare in a family-oriented environment for children aged 3 months - 5 years.
Our nursery is housed in a beautiful villa in a residential area of Merchiston, Edinburgh. with convenient access to public transport into the centre of town, we are a perfect option for commuters. We also have plenty of on-street parking available to allow for each drop-off and collection.
We support children in every aspect of their growth and development through praise, guidance and encouragement. Children will develop manners, learn to be kind, share, and respect others, as well as being stimulated creatively and mentally through our child-led activities. Our child-led activities allow our children to flourish into independent and confident individuals. Above all, we strive to provide a secure and friendly environment which will make you completely relaxed and at ease when leaving your child in our care.
Our Nursery Rooms
Each of our nursery rooms are carefully designed and equipped to cater for specific age groups. Special additions to the rooms include messy play areas, house corners, reading areas, a computer station and much more!
- Pooh Corner – space for up to 12 babies with integrated sleep room with individually-allocated cots.
- Little Roos – room for up to 6 15 – 18-month-old children – linked with:
- Tiggers – room for up to 6 18 – 24-month-old children.
- Kangas – as children reach their second birthday they move upstairs to this suite of rooms for up to 15 two-year-olds.
- Owls – a large double room for up to 30 three-to-five-year-olds.
Our large, secure garden provides children with a range of opportunities to learn and explore. Facilities include:
- A sandpit area.
- A growing area where the children grow their own vegetables and salad (and where they are currently hoping to build their own plastic bottle greenhouse!).
- A climbing tower.
- A paved patio area.
- A huge array of outdoor play equipment.
- A segregated baby garden area with own equipment.
Denise Lawrence - Nursery Manager
I hold an MA(Hons) Psychology and SVQ4 Children and Young People. I began working with children over 10 years ago at a residential school for children with social, emotional and behavioral difficulties in Aberdeenshire. I began in this field as an Assistant Psychologist and progressed to Service Manager roles that saw me move into Care Home and Housing Support settings. I began working at Corner House Day Nursery in October 2016 as Nursery Manager after I recognised that I missed working with children.
Lisa Rogers - Deputy Manager
I am a qualified practitioner, holding a SQV3 and have 14 years’ experience working in nurseries throughout Edinburgh, both as a practitioner and part of a management team. I joined Corner House Nursery in 2010 as a practitioner and in 2013 I was appointed as Deputy Manager. I am based in the pre-school room where I oversee the running of all rooms and the best part of my job is creating learning experiences for children.